Paperblog Logo

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sad For No Reason

Sometimes, for me at least, I just feel sad and there's no explanation  I can't seem to muster my lips into any kind of smile, my heart and lungs feel heavy as a sigh escapes my lips every other minute, my voice dwindles away until I've been silent for so long I'm not even sure I can remember how to speak, and an overwhelming feeling of sadness fills me up.

This happened to me too frequently than is healthy, but I definitely know how you can start to shake the feeling of sadness away. Unfortunately, when you're feeling like that, you don't always want to stop, it's almost a bit addictive and you feel too tired and too sad to do anything about it. Anyway, that's another matter for another time. 

So here are a few tips to at least lift your mood a little:
  • Try surrounding yourself or talking to people that are uplifting and who are generally happy
  • Stop listening to those sad songs! Put upbeat music on (even One Direction if you really have to... *sigh*) and sing as loud as you can (or at least play it loud through your headphones if it's the middle of the night, I don't want to get you in trouble with your parents or siblings or neighbours).
  • Take a walk, or even a run! Burn away all that sad energy.
  • If you have a dog or a cat, stroke him/her and talk to him/her. Stroking your fury pet will help relax you and pets are great listeners, it'll either help you figure out what's wrong or just get a load off your chest.
  • Cry. Sometimes things are just too much and you need to let it all out and often, crying is a good way to do this. Cry it all out, let the tears roll down your face and into your pillow. Chances are you'll feel much better afterwards, and there's no shame in crying!
  • Ask someone for a hug! Even if it's your pet, whoever is around. 
  • Watch your favourite television show, or just watch Friends. Something comedic and happy. Please not the emotionally heart wrenching television shows that leave you feeling empty inside for days. 
  • Ice cream. This is a last resort for me because as we all know, ice cream is not healthy. But, if you need to, ice cream. It works wonders. 
I hope this helps someone somewhere.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment